- FSPA training centre Quality Assurance Manual
- HACCP Management Mapped to FSAI Level 3
- Food Safety and HACCP Hygiene training MAPPED to FSAI Levels 1 & 2
- Food Allergy Awareness Training
- Conducting Food Standards Audits Leading to a QQI Award @ Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualificatons Code 6N2161/6S2178
- Implementing Food Safety Management Systems leading to a QQI award on the National Framework of Qualifications @Level 5 Code 5S20009 /5N20008
- Designing Food Safety Management Systems leading to a QQI award @ Level 6 Code 6N20006/ 6S20007
- Learner Information
- FSPA LEARNER CHARTER
- Guidance to learners wishing to participate in FSPA courses leading to QQI awards
- Food Hygiene Incorporating HACCP leading to a QQI Special purpose award at Level 4 on the NFQ
Access transfer and progression for QQI Programmes...
Designing Food Safety Management Systems leading to a QQI award @ Level 6 Code 6N20006/ 6S20007
Are you looking to expand your knowledge of HACCP and food safety systems?
This advanced HACCP course is just the programme for you. You will explore how risk assessment can provide food safety
preventative controls and improve systems and procedures; investigate how food fraud can be a threat to your business and
understand your legal responsibilities.
The programme duration overall is 50 hours comprising of 3 days of learning with the last day given over to revision, questions
and answer session and exam and assessment briefing. You will be expected to give 25 hours of self directed learning [studying
and researching on your own]; of which 15 hours is expected to be given over to the work based project. Note: Learners must
pass both elements of the exam [theory based exam + project] separately to achieve certification.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded with a QQI certificate at Level 6 for Desinning Food Safety Management Systems.
The programme also leads onto the QQI Level 6 Conducting Food Standards Auditing Programme. You may also access further
training leading to a range of QQI awards on the National Framework of Qualifications in various disciplines.
Entry Requirements /Access to programme
- As the programme is delivered and assessed in English you should be proficient in spoken and written English. (B2+ on CEFRL)
- It is expected that the learner would have previous food safety hygiene training at the preceding level of this award and at a minimum NFQ Level 5 or equivalent. This training may have been achieved by means of formal training and/or on the job training.
At the end of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legislation, standards and guides applicable to the food industry
- Comprehend the basis of the four food hazards in relation to the practical application and design of a food safety system
- Understand the relevance of potentially hazardous food groups, food preservation and shelf life
- Be able to complete a hazard analysis based on risk, appreciating the importance of hazard prevention, understanding the difference between process hazard analysis and threat assessment [TACCP].
- Develop, implement and document the procedures and processes required to ensure the food safety management system complies with legislative demands especially for verification, validation and review
- Know where to find applicable sources of information in order to keep up to date with legislation, standards, technology and emerging risks.
- Roles of Regulatory Bodies
- Food hazards, Food preservation and shelf life
- Risk Assessment
- Complete a hazard analysis [case study]
- Validation & verification
- HACCP Review
- Other tools to maintain the FSMS
- Assessment Briefing
- Written Examination 40 %
- Assignment 60%
Successful candidates may to progress to the FSPA level 6 ( NFQ) programme on Food Standards Auditing (6S2178/ 6N2161)
For further information or brochure please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find a Trainer
Click on the button below to see what trainers are available in your area.
Make an Enquiry
Contact us with any questions you may have...
Is this course for me?
Keep informed of upcoming courses and events...